Monday, February 8, 2016

20-Shot Assignment: Automobile


























Like the parking meter shot only moments before, I couldn't produce 20 images of this yellow Camaro.  I actually shot more that 20, but many were variations or not worth reproducing.  Sixteen was a good number for creating a 4x4 collage.

Perhaps the biggest impediment on this exercise was not being in the moment with the work, but feeling put upon to complete an exercise.  I didn't linger as long as I could have.  One concern was being found out by the car owner or some passerby.  It may also be because I was working on an assigned subject, rather than something one of my own interest.

I very much appreciate this type of exercise.  Too often we are in a hurry and don't give ourselves time to see all the interesting little facts of a subject.  I'd like in future to do this with a tree.

#

No comments:

Post a Comment